Team:Calgary/6 September 2010


Revision as of 04:22, 8 September 2010 by H.dastidar (Talk | contribs)

Monday September 6, 2010


Today I ran PCR reactions of malE, malE31, malESSdel and malE31SSdel using the appropriate primers and an mgcl2 concentration of 2.5 as well as an annealing temperature of 55.5-57 degrees C. I got amplification of the expected bands (~1.2 KB) for the malE and malE31, however I once again got no bands for any of the SSdel stuff. These reactions will have to be further optimized tomorrow. Today I also induced my I0500-I13504 cultures as well as Himika's cpxR reporter with malE31 circuit construct cultures with varying concentrations of Arabinose. We will be looking at GFP and RFP output for these tomorrow. Today a lot of work was also put into the presentation for aGEM this weekend in Edmonton.


Today I ran a gel with biobricked pRFP. From there I tried a gel extraction following the procedure in the protocols section. Unfortunately it didn't work, the spectophotometer revealed almost no DNA. I also did overnights for MalE, MalE31, nlpE in the TR49 TR50 Ravio cells. The majority of the day was spent working on the presentation animation and the first slide.


Today I did a PCR of I0500-B0034-MalE31 with different permutations of Dave's stuff and iGEM stuff to find out if something was contaminated. I also worked on the presentation for aGEM.