Team:Calgary/14 September 2010


Revision as of 23:50, 26 October 2010 by Cktang (Talk | contribs)

Tuesday September 14, 2010


Today I induced cells containing MalE31 and CpxR system with 0, 0.02, 0.04, 0.07, 0.1, 0.14, 0.25, 0.4, 0.6, 0.9 percent arabinose. The cells will be read tomorrow morning. I also ran a PCR of MalE31+DegP+RFP system. The gel did not turn out great. I will rerun the gel and see what I get tomorrow. I also did a construction of I0500-B0034-MalE. This was done using AC plasmid as the vector.


Based on feedback from aGEM, I think the Maya animation will have to be drastically rehashed. At the rate this is going, a 2-minute animation will be too unwieldy for a single person to handle. As Justin Pahara told us over the weekend, "a short, good-quality animation trumps a long, poor-quality animation anyday." Thus, a new storyboard will be drawn up shortly.

Chris Today, I ran verification digests in the attempt to confirm that the CpxP promoter and ibpAB-fsxA promoter had been inserted into Biobrick plasmids. They were cut with EcoRI and PstI which are present on the Biobrick vector. The gels are visible to the right. The first gel includes the ibpAB-fsxA fusion promoter in lanes 1 to 3 and MalE31 in lanes 4 to 11. The second gel underneath includes all the CpxP attempts. The result of the restriction digest run on a gel is that lanes 3, 6, and 10 seem to have the correct sizes for the promoter.