Tools: Ligation Calculator
The ligation calculator is a simple tool to help you calculate the volumes of DNA used for ligations.
How to use
- Add the total volume of the ligation mixture (including buffer, enzymes and DNA).
- Add the volume of buffer and enzymes
- Fill in the information for the DNA inserts:
- Molar ratio tends to be 3:1 for Insert:Backbone
- The concentration is as mesaured by a nanodrop
- The length only needs to be approximate if you don't have the numbers to hand
- Maximum volume refers to the maximum volume available, to ensure you get the most product you can. Remember if you have multiple ligations to do not to use all of your DNA at once!
- Add any further inserts, and fill in their information
- The information will update as you change the values If you have any problems, suggestions or bugs to report, please email the devloper.