The Awards & Judging details will be finalized in the next few weeks. Please send us any comments or suggestions for awards and judging by email to the judging committee at judging AT igem DOT org.
iGEM 2010 will award medals.
- Gold Medal
- Silver Medal
- Bronze Medal
All teams can earn medals. Please see the Judging Criteria page to study the detailed criteria for each type of medal.
iGEM 2010 will award the following prizes based on overall performance and excellence across all aspects of iGEM:
- Grand Prize, Winner of the BioBrick Trophy
- 1st Runner Up, Winner of the PoPS Plaque
- 2nd Runner Up, Winner of the Synthetic Standard
- A small number of additional teams will be recognized as iGEM Finalists
iGEM 2010 hopes to award the following Special prizes, conditional on the accomplishments presented by the teams:
- Best New BioBrick Part, Natural
- Best New BioBrick Part or Device, Engineered
- Best Human Practices Advance
- Best Experimental Measurement
- Best Model
- Best Wiki
- Best Poster
- Best Presentation
Please see the Judging page to study the detailed requirements for each type of Area or Special prize.
iGEM 2010 also hopes to award the following Area prizes, conditional on the accomplishments presented by the teams:
- Best Food or Energy Project
- Best Environment Project
- Best Health or Medicine Project
- Best Manufacturing Project
- Best New Application Area
- Best Foundational Advance
- Best Information Processing Project
- Best Software Tool
Please see the Judging page to study the detailed requirements for each type of Area prize.