Team:Calgary/9 August 2010


Revision as of 22:40, 9 August 2010 by Jdchoo (Talk | contribs)

Monday August 9, 2010


Today I did a construction of I0500-B0034 with MalE31 that was biobricked by Emily. I cut I0500-B0034 (pSB1AC3) with XbaI and PstI and I cut MalE31( psb1AK3) with SpeI and PstI. This disgest was followed by phosphatasing the vector and ligating the two parts with qucik ligase. I plated on AC to select for the cells which have the vectors.

I also read some more papers regarding the relationship between pH, temperature and inclusion body formation. I also went through some tutorials for MATLAB in order to help me define parameters and equation that will make the actual model.


Today I picked up the stuff I did over the weekend. Which included ligating, transforming and plated the bacteria for the pRFP plasmid switch of pSB1AK3 and pSB1AC3. I am also doing the restriction enzyme again this time with the right NEB buffer for the plasmid switch. This also included antarctic phosphatase and am leaving in the freezer until tomorrow. I also finalized the t-shirt print ready designs, all we have to do now is contact a t-shirt company. And briefly fixed several of the planned wiki page. Some of my time also went towards looking over our mascot costume that came in today.

No notebook page exists for this date. Sorry!