Team:Calgary/6 September 2010


Revision as of 17:50, 7 September 2010 by Emily Hicks (Talk | contribs)

Monday September 6, 2010


Today I ran PCR reactions of malE, malE31, malESSdel and malE31SSdel using the appropriate primers and an mgcl2 concentration of 2.5 as well as an annealing temperature of 55.5-57 degrees C. I got amplification of the expected bands (~1.2 KB) for the malE and malE31, however I once again got no bands for any of the SSdel stuff. These reactions will have to be further optimized tomorrow. Today a lot of work was also put into the presentation for aGEM this weekend in Edmonton.