Team:Calgary/14 September 2010


Revision as of 03:59, 17 October 2010 by Pjwu (Talk | contribs)

Tuesday September 14, 2010


Today I induced cells containing MalE31 and CpxR system with 0, 0.02, 0.04, 0.07, 0.1, 0.14, 0.25, 0.4, 0.6, 0.9 percent arabinose. The cells will be read tomorrow morning. I also ran a PCR of MalE31+DegP+RFP system. The gel did not turn out great. I will rerun the gel and see what I get tomorrow. I also did a construction of I0500-B0034-MalE. This was done using AC plasmid as the vector.


Based on feedback from aGEM, I think the Maya animation will have to be drastically rehashed. At the rate this is going, a 2-minute animation will be too unwieldy for a single person to handle. As Justin Pahara told us over the weekend, "a short, good-quality animation trumps a long, poor-quality animation anyday." Thus, a new storyboard will be drawn up shortly.