Team:Calgary/13 August 2010


Revision as of 22:27, 13 August 2010 by H.dastidar (Talk | contribs)

Friday August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th...


Today I started working on the presentation for aGEM which is on Sept 11 weekend. I layed out the presentation and added some templates. I thought about what I want it to look like. I have not put in any contents just yet. This will be done sometimes next week when everybody is present. I also got sequencing results back. It seems like the construction of I0500-B0034-MalE31 (C11) worked. This construct is currently in pSB1AC3. Although there is alignment, it looks like the tubes were mislabelled because the forward sequence lines up with the MalE31. MalE31 should have lined up with the reverse sequence. One of 2 things could have happened here: I chose the wrong enzymes while contructing or mislabelling. If I chose the wrong enzymes, the cells should not have grown in AC. They should have died.Therefore, it is likely that the tubes were labelled incorrectly.

No notebook page exists for this date. Sorry!