Team:UPO-Sevilla/Notebook/07 14


Revision as of 11:56, 24 October 2010 by Lepavgom (Talk | contribs)

July, 14th

Production Team

Paola Gallardo. We only had colonies in three plates: no-ligation control of the vector pS1C3, plasmid with gltD** and plasmid with fecI-fecR*-PfecA. Results were not good at all. We ran an analytic electrophoresis of all the used parts to make sure that there were no mistakes in the ligation reaction, and the results were correct. A new ligation reaction was made with the same parts and vectors, and we waited to the next day.

David Caballero. Repetition of electrophoresis in the same conditions, but time, 45’. Results were more favorable in this occasion. There were five bands: fecI, gltD**, fecI-fecR*, fecI-fecR*-PfecA and fecR*-PfecA. Due to their thickness we decided to purify only DNA from PCR reactions for parts fecI, fecI-fecR*-PfecA and fecR*-PfecA. It was made using GFX’s kit.

Assembly Team

Finally we saw the results today. There wasn’t any colony on any LB+Cm plate so far. The chances are that there was some problem with the antibiotic; we will try to venture which mistakes were made.

  1. Electrophoresis with the purified DNA. So far, results show that all the digestion was correctly made, except for UPO 16, so in that case we will have to repeat the procedure tomorrow.
  2. Biobricks Ligation: in the same way we did yesterday. They shall be resting all the night long and tomorrow we are bound to transform them

DryLab Team

Web: Adding diverse sections and banners

Go to 13th of July Go to 15th of July
Return to Notebook