Team:TU Delft/8 July 2010 content

From 2010.igem.org

(Difference between revisions)
(Lab work)
(Lab work)
Line 10: Line 10:
<b> Characterization of Anderson RBS sequences </b>
<b> Characterization of Anderson RBS sequences </b>
-
[http://2010.igem.org/Team:TU_Delft#/blog?blog=6_July_2010 Tuesday's] ligation products containing I13401 and the 5 Anderson RBS plasmids (J61100, J61101, J61107, J61117, J61127) yielded successful transformants! The single colony PCRs performed indicated the presence of inserts with the proper lengths. These colonies were further plated out to yield reincultures for subsequent characterization.
+
[http://2010.igem.org/Team:TU_Delft#/blog?blog=6_July_2010 Tuesday's] ligation products containing I13401 and the 5 Anderson RBS plasmids (J61100, J61101, J61107, J61117, J61127) yielded successful [http://2010.igem.org/Team:TU_Delft/protocols/transformation transformants!] The single colony PCRs performed indicated the presence of inserts with the proper lengths. These colonies were further plated out to yield reincultures for subsequent characterization.

Revision as of 22:55, 12 July 2010

Lab work

Today we got the Gas Chromatograph working, we could identify several peaks. Now we are ready for the real experiments!

Team TU Delft GCtest.PNG


We harvested the 200 mL bacterial cells of the 16 DNA parts. We used 3 mL of the bacterial cells to make -80 °C stocks. With the rest we centrifuged at 4,000 rmp for 15 minutes and stored the pellets in the -20 °C.


Characterization of Anderson RBS sequences

Tuesday's ligation products containing I13401 and the 5 Anderson RBS plasmids (J61100, J61101, J61107, J61117, J61127) yielded successful transformants! The single colony PCRs performed indicated the presence of inserts with the proper lengths. These colonies were further plated out to yield reincultures for subsequent characterization.