Team:UPO-Sevilla/Notebook/08 05


August, 5th

Production Team

Paola Gallardo. We only found white colonies in fecI-fecR plates, and no colonies in control plates. We made colony PCR reactions to test five colonies, but we got negative results. ¿Why? We used lineal vectors. It had no sense. We set up inocula of the same colonies.

David Caballero. Going on with assembly team work, we purified plasmids with new devices. Next, plasmid minipreps were digested by using EcoRI and PstI enzymes. Agarose gel electrophoresis analysis showed some positive results: 12+2, 11+2, 7+2. Moreover UPO6 and UPO7 parts were included in pSB1C3 plasmid to send to the Registry of Standard Biological Parts. UPO6 and UPO7 were synthesized using MrGene services.

Assembly Team

And again, and again, and again...

UPO 2+6 and 2+7 were analyzed by colony PCR. We have a positive candidate: 2+6! Mr.Gene biobricks digestions were checked: everything was ok.

UPO1+2+4 plate only had red colonies. This device was repeated: ligation and transformation.

Five possible positive candidates were grown on UPO2+5+3 plate: we set up inocula of these.

Go to 4th of August Go to 6th of August
Return to Notebook