- Discussed procuring items & lab space.
- Prepared for SURF start.
- Created GANTT Chart (right) detailing our work plan for the summer.
GANTT Chart diagramming our planned progress throughout the summer.
- Detailed possible side projects, open to any member as time permits:
- pH/Environmental Response
- Colored plastic
- Activa (transglutaminase)
- Procured supplies from stock room
- Cleaned out lab space
- Prepared LB-amp media & plates
- Procured remaining antibiotics & sample of XL1 Blue cells
- Prepare orders for Sigma, NEB, and others
- Sigma: Crosslinking compounds, substrates (linseed oil & soybean oil)
- NEB: Biobrick assembly kit, Ladders, polymerase
- Prepared list of biobricks to order
- Addl Lysis bricks
- Agarase bricks
- Made stock solutions for transformation and subsequent culturing
- Transformed XL-1 Blue E. Coli with selected BioBricks
- Ordered more BioBricks:
(We also wanted to order sequencing primers G00100 & G00101, but apparently those aren't sent to teams.)
- Checked transformation
- Minipreped transformed bacteria
- Checked the plasmid concentration in the mini-prep solution
- Made glycerol stocks from the transformed plasmid